photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Favorite Room: Lauren Haskett


 
Hello lovely La Dolce Vita readers!  I'm Lauren Haskett from Material Girls and I'm so excited to be included in this wonderful series Paloma has put together.  Today I'm happy to share my favorite room, my daughter Sadie's nursery.


Deciding on a "feel" for the nursery was pretty easy.  I knew I wanted very soothing and I'd been dying to try out a gray-lavender-white-gold color scheme. Some decisions were easy, but the crib was the hardest!  After much, much obsessing I settled on a simple white Jenny Lind style and couldn't be happier with my choice.


I am a huge art hoarder, so it was only natural that my little girl have a gallery wall.  I collected pieces and had them framed and now add in personal photos.  The swivel glider is by Lee Industries, the gold end table is by Worlds Away, the white piggy bank is Juliska, and the marble lamp was a Homegoods steal. 



The chandelier was an absolutely fabulous (and lucky) Guild Shop find.  My good friend re-wired and hung it for me.  I want to add shades to it next.  Giraffes are kind of our mascot, and we love the baby giraffe print by Sharon Montrose.  It was so funny the day Sadie finally acknowledged the 4' giraffe in the room... 


I had a lot of fun pulling together this room but picking the color scheme first made finding certain items a little challenging.  Crib bedding proved to be really tricky!  So I had the crib bumper and skirt custom made.  The fitted sheet is by Serena & Lily.  I have a back up dark gray linen Matteo sheet as well as a striped sheet I found at Target.  It's fun to change up the sheet to give the bed a different feel.



I painted an old dresser handed down from my husband's family two tones of gray that serves as a changing table.  The open shelf unit was found in Round Top and is super convenient for diaper storage. 


The gilt candle scones were also a Guild Shop find and the letters are from RH Baby & Child. 

The room is really small but we really have enjoyed spending time in there.  I hope you've enjoyed this room tour!  Thanks again Paloma for including me in this fabulous series!  xoxo Lauren

14 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for the inspiration!
I'm in the process of designing a nursery for our little boy, and besides the lavender, this is very close to what I have in my head! Even the giraffes! I also love the art gallery wall. I think that's something that is easy to forget about in babies/kids rooms.

Amanda said...

Its beautiful! and what a find from the Guild Shop-I love that place!

Mad Max and Family said...

Congrats on your Sadie! My Sadie is due via c-section on Monday. I love the nursery.

Sadie's my second, so she's sharing a room with her bro (21 months) Max...they have a lamb thing (you can search on my blog for photos of his nursery). I need to post some of their new nursery. So much fun!

Email me if you would like to do a guest post on our blog of your nursery or little one.

madmaxandfamily at gmail!

-Tara

http://madmaxandfamily.blogspot.com
http://blog.chron.com/madabouttown/

Karena said...

Lauren, this is just the most adorable nursery for little Sadie! Paloma thank you for featuring her!!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

designstiles said...

Those sconces are so pretty. Love the chandelier too. The whole room is so lovely.

Kate Howell said...

Beautiful colors! My Sadie is an SCH, too.

Matters of Style said...

Love the chandelier!

custom stickers said...

The big stylish graph is an inspiring thing for kids. I have one same at my kids' room. I like the comfortable and good looking baby coat but I don't need it yet :D

Lauren said...

Thanks for the sweet comments I love hearing about other Sadie's! -Lauren

countertops ca said...

Im pretty sure my kids would love such room.

Anonymous said...

What is the wall color?

Lauren said...

Wall Color is "Ponder" SW 7079 by Sherwin Williams - Lauren

Anonymous said...

This is a pretty room, but these are coming to pass. Especially by those first-time parents. They are pretty to look at but not practical and not for toddlers which is what your infants will rapidly become. Kids need vibrant colors and contrast, made clear in research as well as reality. Kids rooms should be for kids, not for sophisticates who like to design. As many of these people will learn, once the kids arrive the house, and almost everything in your life becomes about them, not you anymore. Like it or not! Not to say they still can't be stylish, but your kids are kids, not dressed up adults. This is my 2 cents anyway.

sbaker said...

Hello, I was wondering if you could share the color of the draperies and the source, I happen to love the room and I think it is a wonderful room for a little girl! Thank you for sharing.