photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Love it or Leave it: Loads of Leopard

As you know, I love bold patterns and it just so happens that many of the most timeless patterns come from mother nature. I’ve loved leopard print for as long as I can remember, but I’ve always used it in moderation—ballet flats, a belt, cardigan, or scarf, never together and always one leopard item at a time. I consider it to be a timeless pattern that never goes out of style and can be used as a neutral. However, getting it right when it comes to leopard print really depends on the pattern and its scale as well as what it is paired with. When done well, leopard can be the epitome of effortless chic, but when things go wrong it can be so tacky.

I have learned that there are plenty of people out there who hate leopard print just as ardently as others love it. Do you like leopard print? If so, do you use it in your wardrobe, décor, or both? Do you like it in small doses or do you prefer to make a bold statement? When it comes to leopard print do you love it or would you rather leave it?

leopard

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

leopard2

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I love it! I agree in small doses and done right!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Love it! But don't add too much of it or I'll say "leave it". I think a little bit of leopard print can be sexy and warm.

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

S said...

I love it in decor or fashion. Bring it on!

Ginger Brewton said...

LOVE a small touch of it!

Caterine said...

I love how it exists in each room or outfit and it looks so feminine, so chic. I love it when there only a small amount of it so give the room/outfit that touch of uniqueness!

Caterine
730design.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

OMGosh... I saw a pair of leopard print boots in the store the other day.. and they looked so NICE! but I kept debating on whether I should get them or not... I never wear Leopard print... But Now! after seeing this post! I'm going Back to purchase them! I Would definitely wear Leopard Print In moderation!
Very Nice Post!
Thank you
Jackie
*I'm a New Blogger*
Feel free to follow :)
www.indigosjourney2.blogspot.com
www.indigosjourney2.blogspot.com
www.indigosjourney2.blogspot.com

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

I'm loving me some leopard...more so in fashion than in my home at this time. If I found the 'it' piece for the house though I can guarantee you it would have a spot here.

LindsB said...

LOVE IT!! Its a classic thats here to stay!

Karlita said...

a total love! specially the last picture!

H said...

Do you know what the fabric is called/who produces it in the first photo? Looking for that exact fabric to cover a chair seat. Obvs, I love it!

Unknown said...

I can't get enough leopard.. I've always been obsessed with that print since a kid.. my room's always had some sort of object with the print and in my closet well.. I guess you can imagine.. loving this post.. the last photo is fab!

Park Interiors said...

Love leopard in fashion! One of my favorite looks.

Unknown said...

I'm obsessed with a little dose of leopard. Mixed with a shot of color, it's divine. So sexy!

Marcus Design said...

Love it love it love it! Every image makes me swoon. In the right form/dose, I think leopard will always be a classic!! Hugs,
Nancy xo

Danya said...

Love it, but mostly in fashion. Very small doeses in the home for me.

-Danya
www.PinkPeonyStyle.com

Anonymous said...

I have always loved leopard in small doses, but have been attracted to the bolder statements, like the stairs in the 4th photo, for awhile now. When I recently found a vintage sofa with original wooden legs and the perfect curves, I would have purchased it regardless on the fabric but it was recovered in a fabulous leopard print. I thought it would be easy, however, I am really stuggling with making it look chic and not tacky. Unfortunately, I may end up recovering it anyways if I can't pull it off...

Soulful Mama said...

Love a sneaky bit of leopard ;-p

~ Clare x

allyoursites said...

I love animal print, furniture, fashion supplement ... at all!

love2love said...

i dont like leopard but in your pictures is ok
the gold is not for my type but in this foto i love it

LC said...

Can someone please tell me what brand of shoes those peep-toed pumps in image 7 are? I love those!

And also the cognac colored handbag in image 10!

Ada @ NY said...

I am not a huge fan of leopard prints, but can't say I hate it so .. I liek it in small doses. I wouldn't wear an entire outfit in leopard, but would sport some high heels shoes in them ; ) Same within the home ... small doses so when viewed it's unexpected and fun!

Anonymous said...

Okay, while I don't like leopard at all for me, I do not begrudge anyone else the oportunity to use it themselves. I don't look down on it, it just isn't for me. Actually, I quite like the purse in the 9th picture. I would just hope they had a different pattern for me, lol.

Daph said...

when done correctly, I LOVE leopard in fashion. From shoes to bags to coats. It says I'm confident and I'm sexy (and I know it!)